The growing popularity of Himalayan pink salt lamps has resulted in increased interest in these natural air purifiers. Here are the safety and care tips for people interested in our Himalayan Salt Lamps.
What is a Himalayan Salt Lamp?
The real salt lamps are made of Himalayan pink salt mined from Khewra, Pakistan. The solid blocks of Himalayan salt are hand -carved into lamps . They have a bulb inside which gives off a dim light and very low heat.
How to Setup of Himalayan Salt Lamp
- Take out the salt lamp from its plastic wrapping.
- The light bulb needs to be screwed tightly into the power cable fitting.
- The metal clips should be pushed into the base of the salt lamp until they fix into place.
- Plug power cable into socket.
- Turn on power andand enjoy the soothing and relaxing warm glow of natural Himalayan salt lamps
Salt Lamp Accessories
Salt lamp accessories like bulb, cord and dimmer come with the lamp but are easily available from market, if needed.
How to Position Your Salt Lamp
You can place them in the living area and in the study where you mostly watch TV, use your cell phones, work on your laptops or you can place them on work desk in the study. Placing salt lamp on your bedside table not only makes the air of your room fresh and deodorized but also helps relieve stress and promote better sleep. Use of salt lamps is particularly helpful in winter months when it is difficult to leave the windows open and amply air all the rooms.
How to Care for Salt Lamps?
The lamp needs very little care. Dust can be removed if you wipe it with a damp cloth once a month after removing it from electric socket. Switch on the lamp after cleaning to dry it off.
Do Salt Lamps Degrade Over Time?
If direct contact of salt lamp with water or exposure to excessive moisture is avoided, it can last for lifetime. Salt lamps do “sweat” in extreme moisture but heat from the bulb evaporate moisture and prevent sweating.
Salt Lamp Don’ts
- Salt lamps are self cleansing so never wash them.
- Don’t leave your lamp off for long , especially in a humid place. It cause them to cry or pool water.
Don’t place salt lamp on furniture directly, it may leave marks. Place salt lamp on a decorative plate or holder to avoid this.